SBC Quick Guide: Sustainable Procurement (PDF)
The Sustainable Business Council asks members to commit to having a sustainable procurement process in place within three years of being a member.
Sustainable procurement is part of your value chain. Understanding your value chain, mapping risks and opportunities, and incorporating sustainability into your purchasing decisions and relationships with suppliers can:
– Improve relationships and resilience through greater security of supply
– Improve access to finance and lower-cost insurance
– Lower operational, reputational and regulatory risks to your business
– Provide a point of difference and competitive advantage
– Realise opportunities for innovation
– Fuel top-line growth and enhance productivity through efficiencies
– Create new markets for products or services
– Reduce resource consumption and waste
– Enhance stakeholder relationships through better understanding.