Download the survey results (PDF)
In mid-2019, SBC surveyed its members to find out how we’re doing on our purpose and the four pillars that underpin our work and aim to make sustainability more mainstream.
We wanted to know what’s been of most value to them and which big trends and issues they think will impact them in the next two to three years.
And we asked members about where we’re doing well and where they’d like us to do better.
The survey results will inform SBC team decisions about strategy, programmes, communications, and events.
The survey results showed that, since 2018, there has been an increase in:
- Overall member satisfaction
- Helping sustainability become more mainstream in the NZ business community
- Making sustainability easy and clear
- Creating a sense of fellowship and belonging
- Inspiring businesses to go further with their sustainability
- Making sustainability an aspiration for non-member businesses
But there has been a drop in member satisfaction of SBC’s performance against the pillar of “making sustainability the norm and unavoidable”.
We achieved a higher Net Promoter Score (NPS) in 2019, compared with the 2018 NPS. Net Promoter Score is a metric for assessing customer (or in SBC’s case, member) loyalty to a company’s brand, product or service. This year SBC achieved an NPS score of 42, up from 13 in 2018.